Find SCIE resources and services
You can find our resources and services by:
- A-Z subject topic: Select a letter (above) to see a list of social and health care subject topics. Choose your topic to produce a list of SCIE resources on that subject.
- geographical location: Select the geographical area covered (left). For example, if you are looking for resources that specifically refer to policy in Northern Ireland, select Norther Ireland.
- resource type: Select a resource type (left). For example, if you are looking for a detailed guide - select guide
- search box: Use the search box at the top of the web page. Enter any term for a freetext search. This will show you all the pages where this term appears - including information from our press releases and articles, not just from our resources.
- SCIE resources list: See a list of our current featured resources below.
Part of About SCIE
SCIE’s Learning Together programme for lead reviewers of serious case reviews, significant case reviews and safeguarding adult reviews.
Who knows best? Older people’s contribution to understanding and preventing avoidable hospital admissions
Part of Prevention and wellbeing
This video is based up the findings of a new study conducted by the University of Birmingham’s Health Services Management Centre and the Department of Social Policy and Social Work. Working with 104 older people and 40 local professionals, the research looked at how the older people were admitted to hospital, whether they felt this was the best place for them and what alternatives might have been explored.
This At a glance summary presents an overview of the Mental Capacity Act (MCA) 2005, which is important to health and social care practice.
Guidance, advice and resources for staff working with cared for children and care leavers.
SCIE is undertaking research to inform the next phase of the government’s plans to integrate health and social care by 2020.