Find SCIE resources and services
You can find our resources and services by:
- A-Z subject topic: Select a letter (above) to see a list of social and health care subject topics. Choose your topic to produce a list of SCIE resources on that subject.
- geographical location: Select the geographical area covered (left). For example, if you are looking for resources that specifically refer to policy in Northern Ireland, select Norther Ireland.
- resource type: Select a resource type (left). For example, if you are looking for a detailed guide - select guide
- search box: Use the search box at the top of the web page. Enter any term for a freetext search. This will show you all the pages where this term appears - including information from our press releases and articles, not just from our resources.
- SCIE resources list: See a list of our current featured resources below.
Part of About SCIE
The trustees of the Social Care Institute for Excellence (SCIE) present their trustees’ report (including the strategic report) together with the financial statements for the year ended 31 March 2015. The report has been prepared in accordance with Part VIII of the Charities Act 2011 and constitutes a directors’ report as required by the Companies Act 2006.
The qualification verification service enables social workers who qualified before the introduction of the social work degree but no longer have their certificate, to apply for a letter which will verify that they hold the relevant qualification.
SCIE’s Mental Capacity Act awareness training improves understanding for a range of health and social care staff
The Care Act 2014 introduces new responsibilities for local authorities and safeguarding adults’ boards. It also has major implications for care, health and housing providers, people who use services, carers and advocates. SCIE can develop, deliver and evaluate a training and learning programme tailored to your ADASS region, individual local authority or care provider. Many of our clients combine our Care Act training with our consultancy services.
SCIE’s co-production awareness training improves understanding for a range of health and social care staff
Part of Co-production
This At a glance briefing looks at benefit changes that can make it easier for service users and carers to get involved in paid participation for social care consultations and events.
SCIE’s dementia awareness training improves understanding for a range of health and social care staff