Find SCIE resources and services
You can find our resources and services by:
- A-Z subject topic: Select a letter (above) to see a list of social and health care subject topics. Choose your topic to produce a list of SCIE resources on that subject.
- geographical location: Select the geographical area covered (left). For example, if you are looking for resources that specifically refer to policy in Northern Ireland, select Norther Ireland.
- resource type: Select a resource type (left). For example, if you are looking for a detailed guide - select guide
- search box: Use the search box at the top of the web page. Enter any term for a freetext search. This will show you all the pages where this term appears - including information from our press releases and articles, not just from our resources.
- SCIE resources list: See a list of our current featured resources below.
SCIE’s research, information and evaluation services help to provide health and social care organisations and partners, evidence to make better decisions, review performance and evaluate impact.
The Social Care Institute for Excellence (SCIE) improves the lives of people who use care services by sharing knowledge about what works.
Consultant reviewers bring important independence and expertise and capacity to case reviews and audits of safeguarding work. Independent reviewers also contribute vital capacity to learning and improvement activities.
SCIE’s consultancy service is underpinned by our rigorous approach to identifying what works, and how to implement it.
Update your policies and procedures in line with CQC standards, NICE guidelines and the Care Act
SCIE’s evaluation services help care and health commissioners, providers and policy makers to demonstrate how they are implementing policy and the impact it has on practice and outcomes.
Expert support to plan, develop and deliver Care Act implementation plans