Providing consultancy and improvement support to helping you meet the challenges faced by the care sector.
Find SCIE resources and services
You can find our resources and services by:
- A-Z subject topic: Select a letter (above) to see a list of social and health care subject topics. Choose your topic to produce a list of SCIE resources on that subject.
- geographical location: Select the geographical area covered (left). For example, if you are looking for resources that specifically refer to policy in Northern Ireland, select Norther Ireland.
- resource type: Select a resource type (left). For example, if you are looking for a detailed guide - select guide
- search box: Use the search box at the top of the web page. Enter any term for a freetext search. This will show you all the pages where this term appears - including information from our press releases and articles, not just from our resources.
- SCIE resources list: See a list of our current featured resources below.
SCIE is a leading provider of health and social care training. We offer in-house and bespoke training courses tailored to your organisational needs. To deliver better care and support you need a highly skilled, confident and knowledgeable workforce.
An elearning resource looking at key aspects of sexual and reproductive health in the context of mental illness,
A suite of 12 resources which includes short films, reports, at a glance summaries and tools on Independent Mental Health Advocacy. The resources aim to raise awareness and understanding of the IMHA role amongst service users and mental health staff; improve access IMHA, help providing an understand what a good service looks like, and how outcomes can be measured. The resources have been produced by the Social Care Institute for Excellence in partnership with The University of Central Lancashire (UCLan) in Preston.
This paper is from one of the study days organised by Social Perspectives Network, which brings together the more diverse and seldom heard voices in the recovery debate.
This Introduction to... briefing gives a brief overview of Children’s Social Care (CSC) and the relevant legislation and policy framework. It is aimed at people who have little or no experience in this area.
Part of Care Act 2014
Part of Dementia
The Open Dementia e-learning Programme is aimed at anyone who comes into contact with someone with dementia and provides a general introduction to the disease and the experience of living with it. This programme is designed to be accessible to a wide audience and includes a considerable amount of video footage shot by both the Alzheimer’s Society and SCIE where people with dementia and their carers share their views and feelings on camera.
Part of Safeguarding children