Find SCIE resources and services
You can find our resources and services by:
- A-Z subject topic: Select a letter (above) to see a list of social and health care subject topics. Choose your topic to produce a list of SCIE resources on that subject.
- geographical location: Select the geographical area covered (left). For example, if you are looking for resources that specifically refer to policy in Northern Ireland, select Norther Ireland.
- resource type: Select a resource type (left). For example, if you are looking for a detailed guide - select guide
- search box: Use the search box at the top of the web page. Enter any term for a freetext search. This will show you all the pages where this term appears - including information from our press releases and articles, not just from our resources.
- SCIE resources list: See a list of our current featured resources below.
Part of Safeguarding children
Briefings intended to support managers, senior managers and practitioners by Identifying difficult issues in multi-agency safeguarding work, focusing on inter-professional communication and decision making, and exploring why these issues arise, and therefore how they might be addressed.
SCIE is a leading provider of health and social care training. We offer in-house and bespoke training courses tailored to your organisational needs. To deliver better care and support you need a highly skilled, confident and knowledgeable workforce.
The MCA Directory raises awareness about the MCA, including the Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards. Find useful information and tools to help understand or implement it. Also links to informative blogs and to the Social Care Online database of research and journals.
The care and support sector needs to change if it is to meet the needs of the future. The SCIE Future of care series aims to stimulate discussion amongst policy-makers and planners about the future of care and support, based on analysis of developing evidence and projections for the future.
SCIE's purpose is to collect and synthesise up-to-date knowledge about what works in social care, and to make that knowledge available and accessible to people working in and using social services.
Part of Future of care
Part of Care Act 2014
Part of Care Act 2014
View all our free e-learning resources
View all our free Social Care TV videos
CPD accredited training. Book an open course, or ask about tailored training
SCIE consultants can help you review, plan and deliver improvements
Visit Social Care Online, the UK’s largest database of information and research on all aspects of social care and social work.
What do you think about SCIE's work?