This guide explains how to achieve good oral health for people who live in care homes. It will be useful to care home managers and their staff. The guide includes an oral health assessment tool.
Find SCIE resources and services
You can find our resources and services by:
- A-Z subject topic: Select a letter (above) to see a list of social and health care subject topics. Choose your topic to produce a list of SCIE resources on that subject.
- geographical location: Select the geographical area covered (left). For example, if you are looking for resources that specifically refer to policy in Northern Ireland, select Norther Ireland.
- resource type: Select a resource type (left). For example, if you are looking for a detailed guide - select guide
- search box: Use the search box at the top of the web page. Enter any term for a freetext search. This will show you all the pages where this term appears - including information from our press releases and articles, not just from our resources.
- SCIE resources list: See a list of our current featured resources below.
Featured resources Open
Results 201 - 210 of 987
We look forward to meeting you at NCASC 2016 for some lively debate on the future of social care. Visit us at stand D22 to talk to us about how we can support you on your improvement journey. Find out about our latest work and consultancy and training services.
Helping people with dementia to stay living at home. Blog by SCIE's Pamela Holmes for the Care and Dementia Show
This is a template for conversations with local citizens and stakeholders about transforming care and support. Organisations can use this narrative to help guide those conversations.
Part of Care Act 2014
The aim of this guide is to build on the Care Act statutory guidance by outlining what local authorities need to consider when making an eligibility determination, using the national eligibility criteria. The guide summarises the process and key elements to consider in relation to making an eligibility determination for an adult requiring care. These include eligibility outcomes and criteria for both adults with care and support needs and carers with support needs. Useful resources, such as Skills for Care training material and a checklist of core duties for local authorities, are included.
Part of Dignity in care
Speaking to people respectfully and listening to what they have to say; ensuring clear dialogue between workers and services.
The Social Care Institute for Excellence (SCIE) improves the lives of people who use care services by sharing knowledge about what works.
SCIE response to the Welsh Assembly Government's proposals on their strategy for social services in Wales over the next decade.
Neglect can seriously harm children and young people's wellbeing. SCIE has developed a new e-learning course, plus related workshop, for all practitioners who come into contact with cases of neglect.
Results 201 - 210 of 987