Part of Safeguarding children
Find SCIE resources and services
You can find our resources and services by:
- A-Z subject topic: Select a letter (above) to see a list of social and health care subject topics. Choose your topic to produce a list of SCIE resources on that subject.
- geographical location: Select the geographical area covered (left). For example, if you are looking for resources that specifically refer to policy in Northern Ireland, select Norther Ireland.
- resource type: Select a resource type (left). For example, if you are looking for a detailed guide - select guide
- search box: Use the search box at the top of the web page. Enter any term for a freetext search. This will show you all the pages where this term appears - including information from our press releases and articles, not just from our resources.
- SCIE resources list: See a list of our current featured resources below.
Part of Prevention and wellbeing
Good examples and latest research on preventative approaches and the promotion of wellbeing in adult social care in England.
Part of Care Act 2014
This is a briefing for commissioners and providers of independent advocacy under the Care Act. It sets out emerging good practice and summarises the findings of new research from the Universities of Birmingham and Central Lancashire.
The care and support sector needs to change if it is to meet the needs of the future. The SCIE Future of care series aims to stimulate discussion amongst policy-makers and planners about the future of care and support, based on analysis of developing evidence and projections for the future.
SCIE guide to help older people, their carers and those working in older people's services to understand what is meant by dignity and how it can be embedded into practice.
The development of preventative approaches and those which promote independence and wellbeing have gained importance since the implementation of the Care Act 2014. Prevention and encouraging people to be more proactive about their health and wellbeing is also central to the vision of the NHS Five Year Forward View. SCIE’s resource aims to inform the case for commissioning prevention services in adult social care through highlighting examples of good practice across England.
Part of Mental Capacity Act (MCA)
SCIE's resources on adult safeguarding