The MCA Directory raises awareness about the MCA, including the Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards. Find useful information and tools to help understand or implement it. Also links to informative blogs and to the Social Care Online database of research and journals.
Find SCIE resources and services
You can find our resources and services by:
- A-Z subject topic: Select a letter (above) to see a list of social and health care subject topics. Choose your topic to produce a list of SCIE resources on that subject.
- geographical location: Select the geographical area covered (left). For example, if you are looking for resources that specifically refer to policy in Northern Ireland, select Norther Ireland.
- resource type: Select a resource type (left). For example, if you are looking for a detailed guide - select guide
- search box: Use the search box at the top of the web page. Enter any term for a freetext search. This will show you all the pages where this term appears - including information from our press releases and articles, not just from our resources.
- SCIE resources list: See a list of our current featured resources below.
New research into people’s experience of emergency admissions indicates that only nine per cent of older people felt that they could have been cared for outside hospital. All doctors who took part in the project felt that all of the admissions concerned were necessary.
Neglect can seriously harm children and young people's wellbeing. SCIE has developed a new e-learning course, plus related workshop, for all practitioners who come into contact with cases of neglect.
SCIE’s Learning Together programme for lead reviewers of serious case reviews, significant case reviews and safeguarding adult reviews.
SCIE's resources on adult safeguarding
Exploring parental substance misuse and the effects on child development and parenting capacity.
SCIE's purpose is to collect and synthesise up-to-date knowledge about what works in social care, and to make that knowledge available and accessible to people working in and using social services.