Find SCIE resources and services
You can find our resources and services by:
- A-Z subject topic: Select a letter (above) to see a list of social and health care subject topics. Choose your topic to produce a list of SCIE resources on that subject.
- geographical location: Select the geographical area covered (left). For example, if you are looking for resources that specifically refer to policy in Northern Ireland, select Norther Ireland.
- resource type: Select a resource type (left). For example, if you are looking for a detailed guide - select guide
- search box: Use the search box at the top of the web page. Enter any term for a freetext search. This will show you all the pages where this term appears - including information from our press releases and articles, not just from our resources.
- SCIE resources list: See a list of our current featured resources below.
Part of Dementia
This section looks at supporting people with dementia. It discusses the physical environment (whether it be at home or a care home), and decision-making and using information and communication technology in activities.
Part of Future of care
Part of Dementia
This section looks in detail at lots of aspects of living with dementia – for the person with the diagnosis, and their family and friends too. Staying active, eating well, behavioural challenges– all these things matter greatly and can help a person live well with dementia.
Part of Safeguarding children
Part of Prevention and wellbeing
Good examples and latest research on preventative approaches and the promotion of wellbeing in adult social care in England.
SCIE guide to help older people, their carers and those working in older people's services to understand what is meant by dignity and how it can be embedded into practice.
Part of Care Act 2014
This is a briefing for commissioners and providers of independent advocacy under the Care Act. It sets out emerging good practice and summarises the findings of new research from the Universities of Birmingham and Central Lancashire.