Find SCIE resources and services
You can find our resources and services by:
- A-Z subject topic: Select a letter (above) to see a list of social and health care subject topics. Choose your topic to produce a list of SCIE resources on that subject.
- geographical location: Select the geographical area covered (left). For example, if you are looking for resources that specifically refer to policy in Northern Ireland, select Norther Ireland.
- resource type: Select a resource type (left). For example, if you are looking for a detailed guide - select guide
- search box: Use the search box at the top of the web page. Enter any term for a freetext search. This will show you all the pages where this term appears - including information from our press releases and articles, not just from our resources.
- SCIE resources list: See a list of our current featured resources below.
Featured resources Open
Results 481 - 490 of 987
Part of Reablement
Reablement is about helping people regain the ability to look after themselves following illness or injury. This e-learning resource explains what reablement is, how it differs from home care and intermediate care, and why and how the service should be delivered. The first module is for managers who are involved in the planning and commissioning of services. It looks at how reablement is developing across England, why it is important to offer the service and how to evaluate the success of the service. The second module is designed for care workers. It covers how to carry out a reablement assessment and agree goals and support plans for people, and developing better coping skills for dealing with the emotions that reablement brings out in others and in yourself.
Review of the impact of the Social Care Governance workbook (NI)
This workbook uses a social care governance framework to support practitioners, managers and teams to reflect on and evaluate their practice and to make improvements.
This resource is for anyone interested in induction in social care in Northern Ireland. It provides an explanation of the Induction Standards produced by the Northern Ireland Social Care Council (NISCC).
Single Equality Scheme 2012 - 2015
Single Equality Scheme 2012 - 2015 - Easy read
Part of Personalisation
This guide covers personalisation in adult social care services
This is a study of local authority decision-making in respect to long-term decision making and early intervention services. The study seeks to gain a better understanding of the factors that facilitate and hinder delivery of improved outcomes for children and families over the longer-term. This report synthesises the data gathered from: a literature review; 30 telephone interviews with senior officers and members in local authorities in England; and feedback from 49 subject matter experts attending five regional events.
Results 481 - 490 of 987
View all our free e-learning resources
What do you think about SCIE's work?
View all our free Social Care TV videos
CPD accredited training. Book an open course, or ask about tailored training
SCIE consultants can help you review, plan and deliver improvements
Visit Social Care Online, the UK’s largest database of information and research on all aspects of social care and social work.