Part of Mental Capacity Act (MCA)
Find SCIE resources and services
You can find our resources and services by:
- A-Z subject topic: Select a letter (above) to see a list of social and health care subject topics. Choose your topic to produce a list of SCIE resources on that subject.
- geographical location: Select the geographical area covered (left). For example, if you are looking for resources that specifically refer to policy in Northern Ireland, select Norther Ireland.
- resource type: Select a resource type (left). For example, if you are looking for a detailed guide - select guide
- search box: Use the search box at the top of the web page. Enter any term for a freetext search. This will show you all the pages where this term appears - including information from our press releases and articles, not just from our resources.
- SCIE resources list: See a list of our current featured resources below.
The development of preventative approaches and those which promote independence and wellbeing have gained importance since the implementation of the Care Act 2014. Prevention and encouraging people to be more proactive about their health and wellbeing is also central to the vision of the NHS Five Year Forward View. SCIE’s resource aims to inform the case for commissioning prevention services in adult social care through highlighting examples of good practice across England.
Part of Dementia
Part of Care Act 2014
This resource is aimed at commissioners charged with meeting the new duties to provide advocacy under the Care Act 2014. It will help commissioning officers in local authorities think through their new duties and understand what they are required to do to comply with the new requirements of the Act.
A one-page profile is a simple summary of what is important to someone and how they want to be supported. It can help you to provide them with more person-centred care and support. On your profile you can record how you'd like people to help you, if and when you need care and support.