Find SCIE resources and services
You can find our resources and services by:
- A-Z subject topic: Select a letter (above) to see a list of social and health care subject topics. Choose your topic to produce a list of SCIE resources on that subject.
- geographical location: Select the geographical area covered (left). For example, if you are looking for resources that specifically refer to policy in Northern Ireland, select Norther Ireland.
- resource type: Select a resource type (left). For example, if you are looking for a detailed guide - select guide
- search box: Use the search box at the top of the web page. Enter any term for a freetext search. This will show you all the pages where this term appears - including information from our press releases and articles, not just from our resources.
- SCIE resources list: See a list of our current featured resources below.
Part of Mental Capacity Act (MCA)
This paper looks at three hypothetical future scenarios, and considers how the sector might respond to the challenges and opportunities those scenarios offer. It also highlights the common responses and actions that may help to attract more people to a career working in care.
The development of preventative approaches and those which promote independence and wellbeing have gained importance since the implementation of the Care Act 2014. Prevention and encouraging people to be more proactive about their health and wellbeing is also central to the vision of the NHS Five Year Forward View. SCIE’s resource aims to inform the case for commissioning prevention services in adult social care through highlighting examples of good practice across England.
Part of Dementia
Part of Care Act 2014
This resource is aimed at commissioners charged with meeting the new duties to provide advocacy under the Care Act 2014. It will help commissioning officers in local authorities think through their new duties and understand what they are required to do to comply with the new requirements of the Act.
Part of Person-centred care
Part of Safeguarding children
Local safeguarding children board and reviewers can use the following resources and services to commission and deliver effective case reviews and serious case reviews, and learn from national SCR findings.
Part of Co-production
A guide to what co-production is and how to develop co-productive approaches to working with people who use services and carers.