Guidance, advice and resources for staff working with cared for children and care leavers.
Find SCIE resources and services
You can find our resources and services by:
- A-Z subject topic: Select a letter (above) to see a list of social and health care subject topics. Choose your topic to produce a list of SCIE resources on that subject.
- geographical location: Select the geographical area covered (left). For example, if you are looking for resources that specifically refer to policy in Northern Ireland, select Norther Ireland.
- resource type: Select a resource type (left). For example, if you are looking for a detailed guide - select guide
- search box: Use the search box at the top of the web page. Enter any term for a freetext search. This will show you all the pages where this term appears - including information from our press releases and articles, not just from our resources.
- SCIE resources list: See a list of our current featured resources below.
This At a glance summary presents an overview of the Mental Capacity Act (MCA) 2005, which is important to health and social care practice.
SCIE is undertaking research to inform the next phase of the government’s plans to integrate health and social care by 2020.
Our new film explains the principles of the Mental Capacity Act and how they work in practice for people who may lack capacity. It also looks at how the Act supports everyone to plan for their future, when they may lack capacity.
Meet Care Act minimum requirements for assessing deafblind people with this Level 3 OCN qualification. Last places available.
Part of Safeguarding adults
A resource for health and social care staff providing end of life care to adults.