This film shows how services and outcomes can be improved for people with challenging behaviour and learning disabilities. This can be done through more informed working practices.
Find SCIE resources and services
You can find our resources and services by:
- A-Z subject topic: Select a letter (above) to see a list of social and health care subject topics. Choose your topic to produce a list of SCIE resources on that subject.
- geographical location: Select the geographical area covered (left). For example, if you are looking for resources that specifically refer to policy in Northern Ireland, select Norther Ireland.
- resource type: Select a resource type (left). For example, if you are looking for a detailed guide - select guide
- search box: Use the search box at the top of the web page. Enter any term for a freetext search. This will show you all the pages where this term appears - including information from our press releases and articles, not just from our resources.
- SCIE resources list: See a list of our current featured resources below.
Featured resources Open
Results 571 - 580 of 987
This film highlights an innovative approach to widening participation in swimming through the Aiming High for Disabled Children programme, in Derbyshire.
This video shows the impact on children and their family when a parent is arrested and how social care services can help them.
A film about professional perspectives on working with parents with mental health problems and their children.
This film explores the possibilities for integrating social care personal budgets with personal health budgets. It features the work of Kent County Council, a personal health budget pilot site, where they are developing integrated support planning between health and social care for people with continuing healthcare needs and experimenting with integrating budgets from health and social care.
The challenges faced by one young person in care, the positive experiences that changed his life, and his drive to improve the system for others.
The story of a service user turned care worker and how he draws on his own experience in his work with a gypsy traveller support group.
Part of Personalisation
This film describes the challenges and opportunities that personalisation has presented to social work with adults.
A film about a young carer's experience of trying to get the support she needed.
Part of Mental Capacity Act (MCA)
A short drama in a residential school depicting scenes between a young man with severe learning disabilities, and both his key worker and social worker. The film introduces the principles of the Mental Capacity Act and emphasises the importance of consultation in best interests' decision-making.
Results 571 - 580 of 987