Find SCIE resources and services
You can find our resources and services by:
- A-Z subject topic: Select a letter (above) to see a list of social and health care subject topics. Choose your topic to produce a list of SCIE resources on that subject.
- geographical location: Select the geographical area covered (left). For example, if you are looking for resources that specifically refer to policy in Northern Ireland, select Norther Ireland.
- resource type: Select a resource type (left). For example, if you are looking for a detailed guide - select guide
- search box: Use the search box at the top of the web page. Enter any term for a freetext search. This will show you all the pages where this term appears - including information from our press releases and articles, not just from our resources.
- SCIE resources list: See a list of our current featured resources below.
SCIE’s safeguarding awareness training improves understanding for a range of health and social care staff
Part of Co-production
Nothing about us without us. Citizens and professionals working together for better services: Monday 4 – Friday 8 July 2016.
SCIE provides Continuing Professional Development (CPD) accredited training to a range of clients including care, health and housing providers, local authority and health commissioners, and safeguarding boards.
Designed for staff who work with adults with care and support needs, who need an introduction to deprivations of liberty in care homes, hospitals and the community.
Part of Co-production
Expert support on conducting statutory reviews, learning reviews and audits to improve safeguarding practice
Part of Care Act 2014
This guide provides an overview of key elements to consider in order to ensure any form of care assessment undertaken - for the adult requiring care and support or their carer with support needs - takes full account of the extent of fluctuating needs. These are needs which may not be apparent at the time of the assessment but have been an issue in the past and are likely to arise again in the future. The guide provides information and practical example on what practitioners need to do to established an accurate picture of fluctuating needs and includes a checklist of core duties for local authorities.