An introduction to home care reablement.
Find SCIE resources and services
You can find our resources and services by:
- A-Z subject topic: Select a letter (above) to see a list of social and health care subject topics. Choose your topic to produce a list of SCIE resources on that subject.
- geographical location: Select the geographical area covered (left). For example, if you are looking for resources that specifically refer to policy in Northern Ireland, select Norther Ireland.
- resource type: Select a resource type (left). For example, if you are looking for a detailed guide - select guide
- search box: Use the search box at the top of the web page. Enter any term for a freetext search. This will show you all the pages where this term appears - including information from our press releases and articles, not just from our resources.
- SCIE resources list: See a list of our current featured resources below.
Featured resources Open
Results 671 - 680 of 987
Working with lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people: people with mental health needs: Alison's story
A film that looks at multiple support needs and sexuality.
Working with lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people - partners in adoption services: Nick's story
In this film we meet Nick who talks of his experience of adopting as a transgender person.
This film focuses on the work of Nicola James, a social worker for Surrey County Council.
The video explores how service user and carer participation has become an increasingly important part of how adult social care services are developed and delivered. The video uses the example of how Manchester Adult Social Care services are involving service users and carers.
The mental health and wellbeing of elders in the black and minority ethnic community: promoting mental wellbeing
This film is about mental wellbeing and some of the risk factors for people from BME communities. In particular, it examines how relatively simple early intervention and prevention approaches can help minimise isolation and loneliness and improve overall mental wellbeing.
Part of Personalisation
The implications personalisation has for older people living in residential care.
A video which looks at the techniques and skills that care workers and social workers need to support people with autism and help them achieve their goals.
This film focuses on the very rewarding, diverse but complex role of a social workers working in an adult’s services team.
The mental health and wellbeing of elders in black and minority ethnic communities: working together for mental wellbeing
This third film in the series on mental wellbeing looks at the role of the local authority in enabling community organisations to promote personalised services. The film is based on a case study of a Chinese organisation in the London Borough of Barnet which has been running a pilot scheme funded by the authority and providing services to Chinese older people.
Results 671 - 680 of 987