This guide explains how services can improve access to care for people with autism and meet the requirements of the Department of Health's Autism Strategy.
Find SCIE resources and services
You can find our resources and services by:
- A-Z subject topic: Select a letter (above) to see a list of social and health care subject topics. Choose your topic to produce a list of SCIE resources on that subject.
- geographical location: Select the geographical area covered (left). For example, if you are looking for resources that specifically refer to policy in Northern Ireland, select Norther Ireland.
- resource type: Select a resource type (left). For example, if you are looking for a detailed guide - select guide
- search box: Use the search box at the top of the web page. Enter any term for a freetext search. This will show you all the pages where this term appears - including information from our press releases and articles, not just from our resources.
- SCIE resources list: See a list of our current featured resources below.
Results 1 - 7 of 7
This summary explains how services can improve access to care for people with autism and meet the requirements of the Department of Health's Autism Strategy.
This film focuses on the work of Nicola James, a social worker for Surrey County Council.
A video which looks at the techniques and skills that care workers and social workers need to support people with autism and help them achieve their goals.
The video looks at the experiences of Scott, a man with autism and learning disabilities, and Marie, a professor with Asperger's syndrome.
Personalisation briefing: implications for people with autistic spectrum conditions and their family carers
This At a Glance briefing examines the implications of the personalisation agenda for people with autistic spectrum conditions.
SCIE research briefing 32: access to social care and support for adults with autistic spectrum conditions (ASC)
SCIE Research briefings
Results 1 - 7 of 7