This at a glance briefing summarises research on the topic of care for people with dementia living in care homes.
Find SCIE resources and services
You can find our resources and services by:
- A-Z subject topic: Select a letter (above) to see a list of social and health care subject topics. Choose your topic to produce a list of SCIE resources on that subject.
- geographical location: Select the geographical area covered (left). For example, if you are looking for resources that specifically refer to policy in Northern Ireland, select Norther Ireland.
- resource type: Select a resource type (left). For example, if you are looking for a detailed guide - select guide
- search box: Use the search box at the top of the web page. Enter any term for a freetext search. This will show you all the pages where this term appears - including information from our press releases and articles, not just from our resources.
- SCIE resources list: See a list of our current featured resources below.
A film illustrating the important role people with dementia and their carers can play in shaping dementia services.
How personal budgets can benefit both the service user and their family/carers.
This film shows how people whose behaviour is described as challenging can be supported to live independently.
How a woman with dementia coped with moving into a care home.
This case study illustrates the positive effects of an early diagnosis of dementia.
How personalisation can work for older people living in purpose-built supported accommodation.
This film looks at practical and emotional support for family members caring for people at the end of life and at counselling for the bereaved.
Part of Reablement
This At a glance briefing is designed to help people understand what reablement is, and what family and friends can do to help.
This is a report of two seminars which brought together service users, carers, social care practitioners and policy makers to discuss the future of personalisation at a time of limited resources.