Find SCIE resources and services
You can find our resources and services by:
- A-Z subject topic: Select a letter (above) to see a list of social and health care subject topics. Choose your topic to produce a list of SCIE resources on that subject.
- geographical location: Select the geographical area covered (left). For example, if you are looking for resources that specifically refer to policy in Northern Ireland, select Norther Ireland.
- resource type: Select a resource type (left). For example, if you are looking for a detailed guide - select guide
- search box: Use the search box at the top of the web page. Enter any term for a freetext search. This will show you all the pages where this term appears - including information from our press releases and articles, not just from our resources.
- SCIE resources list: See a list of our current featured resources below.
Part of Co-production
This report draws on the views of service users and carers from the Social Work Education Participation (SWEP) website steering group and members of the General Social Care Council (GSCC) Visitors group who inspect social work programmes with GSCC inspectors.
The implications personalisation has for older people living in residential care.
The impact of early onset dementia, and the positive effect of skilled, knowledgeable support for the carer.
An introduction to home care reablement.
This film focuses on the work of Nicola James, a social worker for Surrey County Council.
The video explores how service user and carer participation has become an increasingly important part of how adult social care services are developed and delivered. The video uses the example of how Manchester Adult Social Care services are involving service users and carers.
This film focuses on Tim Anfilogoff, the Commissioner for Adult Services at Hertfordshire County Council.
This At a glance briefing is for family carers supporting a teenager or young adult with severe learning disabilities and behaviour described as challenging, who is approaching transition to adult services.
This briefing is a summary of older peoples and carers experiences of using self-directed support and personal budgets.
This At a glance briefing is for family carers supporting an adult with severe learning disabilities and behaviour described as challenging. It will help you understand what you should expect from local services.
View all our free e-learning resources
View all our free Social Care TV videos
CPD accredited training. Book an open course, or ask about tailored training
SCIE consultants can help you review, plan and deliver improvements
Visit Social Care Online, the UK’s largest database of information and research on all aspects of social care and social work.
What do you think about SCIE's work?