Find SCIE resources and services
You can find our resources and services by:
- A-Z subject topic: Select a letter (above) to see a list of social and health care subject topics. Choose your topic to produce a list of SCIE resources on that subject.
- geographical location: Select the geographical area covered (left). For example, if you are looking for resources that specifically refer to policy in Northern Ireland, select Norther Ireland.
- resource type: Select a resource type (left). For example, if you are looking for a detailed guide - select guide
- search box: Use the search box at the top of the web page. Enter any term for a freetext search. This will show you all the pages where this term appears - including information from our press releases and articles, not just from our resources.
- SCIE resources list: See a list of our current featured resources below.
Featured resources Open
Results 11 - 16 of 16
The aim of this research briefing is to give people who provide and use social care services an overview of the research evidence for joint and integrated working.
This film introduces health and wellbeing boards, a new statutory approach to the provision of integrated health and local government services.
This film explores the possibilities for integrating social care personal budgets with personal health budgets. It features the work of Kent County Council, a personal health budget pilot site, where they are developing integrated support planning between health and social care for people with continuing healthcare needs and experimenting with integrating budgets from health and social care.
This film looks at how clinical commissioning groups led by GPs can work with social care to improve outcomes for people with long-term conditions.
This film says that people often need to use a range of services including health care, social care, housing, and the criminal justice system. Increasingly, organisations and staff are realising the benefits of looking beyond their own service and practice.
Short report of joint event organised by London Health and Care Integration Collaborative, SCIE and PPL on the theme of joint working to deliver better care. The event was attended by over 70 people in London with an interest in or involved in delivering integrated care. It aimed to enable participants to hear the views of experts, share learning and practice about what works, and learn about practical steps they can take to develop joint working and ensure it works effectively. Areas covered included developing an effective communications and engagement strategy, leading co-ordinated, co-located teams, and co-producing change with people who use services. The report provides summaries of the plenary sessions and discussion at the event. Key messages include, that: prevention, early intervention and integrated care are all linked; leaders are able to look beyond their own organisation to the needs of the system overall; we need to see communities and people as assets with contributions to make; and that getting staff buy in and valuing staff contributions and ideas is critical.
Results 11 - 16 of 16
View all our free e-learning resources
View all our free Social Care TV videos
CPD accredited training. Book an open course, or ask about tailored training
SCIE consultants can help you review, plan and deliver improvements
Visit Social Care Online, the UK’s largest database of information and research on all aspects of social care and social work.
What do you think about SCIE's work?