This film describes the challenges and opportunities that personalisation has presented to social work with adults.
Find SCIE resources and services
You can find our resources and services by:
- A-Z subject topic: Select a letter (above) to see a list of social and health care subject topics. Choose your topic to produce a list of SCIE resources on that subject.
- geographical location: Select the geographical area covered (left). For example, if you are looking for resources that specifically refer to policy in Northern Ireland, select Norther Ireland.
- resource type: Select a resource type (left). For example, if you are looking for a detailed guide - select guide
- search box: Use the search box at the top of the web page. Enter any term for a freetext search. This will show you all the pages where this term appears - including information from our press releases and articles, not just from our resources.
- SCIE resources list: See a list of our current featured resources below.
How personal budgets can benefit both the service user and their family/carers.
The film examines working with black and minority ethnic (BME) communities in delivering personalisation.
How personalisation can work for older people living in purpose-built supported accommodation.
A review by SCIE and NEF of current policy and practice of personalisation and an analysis of the potential of co-production to improve outcomes for individuals;
This is a report of two seminars which brought together service users, carers, social care practitioners and policy makers to discuss the future of personalisation at a time of limited resources.
A short film about commissioning personalised services based on work in Dorset
Short film about commissioning services to support personalisation based on work in London
This report is about involving people who use services in adult safeguarding. It looks at policies and practice, barriers and lessons learned from evaluating adult safeguarding processes.
Produced by SCIE, the Putting People First delivery team, IDeA and the LGA, this briefing provides a recap of the Putting People First concordant and outlines what this will mean for local authorities. It is a valuable guide to next steps for social care commissioners and managers