The video explores how service user and carer participation has become an increasingly important part of how adult social care services are developed and delivered. The video uses the example of how Manchester Adult Social Care services are involving service users and carers.
Find SCIE resources and services
You can find our resources and services by:
- A-Z subject topic: Select a letter (above) to see a list of social and health care subject topics. Choose your topic to produce a list of SCIE resources on that subject.
- geographical location: Select the geographical area covered (left). For example, if you are looking for resources that specifically refer to policy in Northern Ireland, select Norther Ireland.
- resource type: Select a resource type (left). For example, if you are looking for a detailed guide - select guide
- search box: Use the search box at the top of the web page. Enter any term for a freetext search. This will show you all the pages where this term appears - including information from our press releases and articles, not just from our resources.
- SCIE resources list: See a list of our current featured resources below.
This At a Glance briefing examines the implications of the personalisation agenda for occupational therapists in social care.
Working with lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgendered people: people with physical disabilities: Doug's story
This film talks about the experiences of a gay man with a physical disability and how he feels social care should develop to provide more choice and control for the user of services.
The implications personalisation has for older people living in residential care.
This film focuses on the very rewarding, diverse but complex role of a social workers working in an adult’s services team.
The mental health and wellbeing of elders in black and minority ethnic communities: working together for mental wellbeing
This third film in the series on mental wellbeing looks at the role of the local authority in enabling community organisations to promote personalised services. The film is based on a case study of a Chinese organisation in the London Borough of Barnet which has been running a pilot scheme funded by the authority and providing services to Chinese older people.
This film focuses on Tim Anfilogoff, the Commissioner for Adult Services at Hertfordshire County Council.
Independent living for older disabled people in the community using a case study.
The concept of personalisation in adult social care services.
This briefing explores what personalisation means for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) people.