This At a glance summary examines the potential for personalisation, particularly self-directed support and personal budgets, to result in cost-efficiencies and improved productivity as well as improved care and support.
Find SCIE resources and services
You can find our resources and services by:
- A-Z subject topic: Select a letter (above) to see a list of social and health care subject topics. Choose your topic to produce a list of SCIE resources on that subject.
- geographical location: Select the geographical area covered (left). For example, if you are looking for resources that specifically refer to policy in Northern Ireland, select Norther Ireland.
- resource type: Select a resource type (left). For example, if you are looking for a detailed guide - select guide
- search box: Use the search box at the top of the web page. Enter any term for a freetext search. This will show you all the pages where this term appears - including information from our press releases and articles, not just from our resources.
- SCIE resources list: See a list of our current featured resources below.
Featured resources Open
Results 41 - 50 of 62
Supporting black and minority ethnic older people's mental wellbeing: accounts of social care practice
Report looking at practitioners' accounts of their practice in promoting the wellbeing of older people from BME backgrounds the UK.
This report summarises the findings of the SCIE Listening Exercise, which took place between February and July 2002.
This digital report outlines the recent research and emerging practice on risk enablement and practice relating to self-directed support and personal budgets
This At a glance briefing looks at how issues of mental capacity should be considered in the context of personalisation, and the implications for staff working in social care, including the private and voluntary sectors.
The big society and innovation in care and support for adults: key messages from SCIE expert seminars
These guidelines provide guidance on how to producing information in an accessible way. They were originally produced for internal use, but SCIE has now decided to make them publicly available in response to a number of requests for such resources.
Part of Personalisation
This At a Glance briefing examines the implications of the personalisation agenda for NHS staff
SCIE guide to age equality and age discrimination in social care
How we become who we are: the teaching and learning of human growth and development, mental health and disability on qualifying social work programmes: draft report
This practice survey explores teaching and learning about mental health and disability within the human growth and development (HGD) curriculum on qualifying social work programmes in England, Wales and Northern Ireland
Part of Co-production
This At a glance summary looks at how commissioners working in local authorities can commission in a way that develops and strengthens user-led organisations (ULOs).
Results 41 - 50 of 62