This film presents the Wandsworth Community Ward initiative, and explores how it helps keep older people out of hospital through contributions from team members, strategic managers and service users and carers.
Find SCIE resources and services
You can find our resources and services by:
- A-Z subject topic: Select a letter (above) to see a list of social and health care subject topics. Choose your topic to produce a list of SCIE resources on that subject.
- geographical location: Select the geographical area covered (left). For example, if you are looking for resources that specifically refer to policy in Northern Ireland, select Norther Ireland.
- resource type: Select a resource type (left). For example, if you are looking for a detailed guide - select guide
- search box: Use the search box at the top of the web page. Enter any term for a freetext search. This will show you all the pages where this term appears - including information from our press releases and articles, not just from our resources.
- SCIE resources list: See a list of our current featured resources below.
This guidance aims to support NHS and local authority commissioners of care homes to ensure that safeguarding is central to the commissioning process and a primary concern for residential and nursing care home providers.
This guide aims to identify the issues that most commonly lead to safeguarding referrals from care homes.
This film features two bereaved people who have both found that joining social groups has helped to reduce their feelings of isolation and brought some enjoyment back into their lives.
A film that describes the different interventions that can help to prevent social isolation and promote well-being for older people.
Evidence about what hinders people with mental health problems from working in social care, and what helps them to gain and/or retain employment.
Maintaining independence through falls prevention and fitness programmes.
The mental health and wellbeing of elders in the black and minority ethnic community: promoting mental wellbeing
This film is about mental wellbeing and some of the risk factors for people from BME communities. In particular, it examines how relatively simple early intervention and prevention approaches can help minimise isolation and loneliness and improve overall mental wellbeing.
Safeguarding through increased awareness and good communication both in residential and community care.
This film is about a training scheme in Plymouth that helps people to protect themselves from abuse.