This study aims to provide a benchmark of how practice is progressing across the 83 HEIs in England which offer the social work degree, and to support the development of guidance for social work educators.
Find SCIE resources and services
You can find our resources and services by:
- A-Z subject topic: Select a letter (above) to see a list of social and health care subject topics. Choose your topic to produce a list of SCIE resources on that subject.
- geographical location: Select the geographical area covered (left). For example, if you are looking for resources that specifically refer to policy in Northern Ireland, select Norther Ireland.
- resource type: Select a resource type (left). For example, if you are looking for a detailed guide - select guide
- search box: Use the search box at the top of the web page. Enter any term for a freetext search. This will show you all the pages where this term appears - including information from our press releases and articles, not just from our resources.
- SCIE resources list: See a list of our current featured resources below.
Part of Co-production
This report draws on the views of service users and carers from the Social Work Education Participation (SWEP) website steering group and members of the General Social Care Council (GSCC) Visitors group who inspect social work programmes with GSCC inspectors.
How we become who we are: the teaching and learning of human growth and development, mental health and disability on qualifying social work programmes: draft report
This practice survey explores teaching and learning about mental health and disability within the human growth and development (HGD) curriculum on qualifying social work programmes in England, Wales and Northern Ireland
Part of Co-production
This At a glance summary looks at the support required to effectively involve users and carers in social work education. It is aimed at both social work educators and service users and carers.
User and carer involvement is mandatory in social work education. SCIE's new report explores the issues and the support available to develop user involvement
User and carer involvement is mandatory in social work education. SCIE's new report explores the issues and the support available to develop carer involvement
SCIE's latest knowledge review examines social work teaching on human growth and development with regard to older people, looking particularly at what promotes or hinders successful learning outcomes
Social Care Institute for Excellence, SCIE Guides, social work education, teaching, learning, partnership working
Interprofessional learning has become embedded within the requirements for qualifying level education for social work and health professionals. This review of IPE for qualifying social work complements SCIE's Knowledge review 10: The learning, teaching and assessment of partnership work in social work education.
The guide examines aspects of assessment in social work and goes on to consider teaching and learning of assessment.