This report proposes a framework for assessing the nature and quality of social work research in universities in the UK, and provides a reference point for building research capacity in social work
Find SCIE resources and services
You can find our resources and services by:
- A-Z subject topic: Select a letter (above) to see a list of social and health care subject topics. Choose your topic to produce a list of SCIE resources on that subject.
- geographical location: Select the geographical area covered (left). For example, if you are looking for resources that specifically refer to policy in Northern Ireland, select Norther Ireland.
- resource type: Select a resource type (left). For example, if you are looking for a detailed guide - select guide
- search box: Use the search box at the top of the web page. Enter any term for a freetext search. This will show you all the pages where this term appears - including information from our press releases and articles, not just from our resources.
- SCIE resources list: See a list of our current featured resources below.
A guide for those using SCIE's social work and e-learning resources in their teaching.
Teaching, learning and assessing communication skills with children and young people in social work education
This knowledge review is about identifying key findings about teaching, learning and assessing communication skills with children in social work education settings.
This guide focuses on learning, teaching and assessing law in social work education. It is not the purpose of the guide to prescribe law curriculum content. Rather, its purpose is to set out the key choices that those engaged in learning, teaching and assessing law must consider. This is followed by examples of how that learning, teaching and assessment might be enriched, for example through the involvement of experts by experience, or the use of case studies
This knowledge review aims to identify best practice in teaching, learning and assessment of partnership in social work qualifying education, evaluation methods and examine how stakeholders are involved.
This knowledge review looks at how law is taught in social work education and to what effect. It describes what knowledge is available, highlights the evidence that has emerged and draws practice points from the evidence.
This knowledge review looks at the textbooks available to support the teaching of assessment skills, and on the assessment frameworks used to support practice. It describes what knowledge is available, highlights the evidence that has emerged and draws practice points from the evidence. It follows on from Knowledge review 1.
This report looks at what contribution ESRC research programmes make, and might make, to the knowledge base for social work and social care.
This guide is about teaching and learning communication skills in social work qualifying education. It is intended to be a resource for all of those involved in teaching and learning on the new social work degree.
This knowledge review looks at how communications skills are taught in social work education and to what effect. It describes what knowledge is available, highlights the evidence that has emerged and draws practice points from the evidence.