Find SCIE resources and services
You can find our resources and services by:
- A-Z subject topic: Select a letter (above) to see a list of social and health care subject topics. Choose your topic to produce a list of SCIE resources on that subject.
- geographical location: Select the geographical area covered (left). For example, if you are looking for resources that specifically refer to policy in Northern Ireland, select Norther Ireland.
- resource type: Select a resource type (left). For example, if you are looking for a detailed guide - select guide
- search box: Use the search box at the top of the web page. Enter any term for a freetext search. This will show you all the pages where this term appears - including information from our press releases and articles, not just from our resources.
- SCIE resources list: See a list of our current featured resources below.
Part of Co-production
This guide provides information about involving service users and carers in the development of the social work degree programme. It includes what we know is working well in practice and provides directions to more information. (Published: 2004)
This knowledge review looks at how assessment skills are taught in social work education and to what effect. It describes what knowledge is available, highlights the evidence that has emerged and draws practice points from the evidence.
This position paper sets out a skills and qualifications framework to support practice learning in the social work degree and in the workplace. It is for social work educators, students and service providers
View all our free e-learning resources
View all our free Social Care TV videos
CPD accredited training. Book an open course, or ask about tailored training
SCIE consultants can help you review, plan and deliver improvements
Visit Social Care Online, the UK’s largest database of information and research on all aspects of social care and social work.
What do you think about SCIE's work?