Standards for good independent advocacy commissioning
Published: October 2014
Updated: March 2015
Here we reproduce the key principles of good commissioning identified by the Commissioning for Better Outcomes’ programme at the University of Birmingham in partnership with Think Local Act Personal.
Is person-centred and outcomes-focused:
- promotes health and wellbeing for all
- delivers social value.
- is co-produced with people and their communities
- promotes positive engagement with providers
- promotes equality.
Is well-led by local authorities:
- demonstrates a whole-system approach
- uses evidence about what works.
Promotes a diverse and sustainable market:
- ensures diversity, sustainability and quality of the market
- provides value for money.
All SCIE resources are free to download, however to access some of the following downloads you will need a free MySCIE account: