Information-sharing agreements or protocols - Adult safeguarding: sharing information
Information-sharing agreements or protocols:
- are useful tools to enable inter-agency communication and support decision-making
- should clarify the channels of communication and procedures for sharing information
- should be inclusive of all safeguarding partners
- should apply to and be understood by staff (in relation to their role) in all safeguarding partner organisations at all levels.
The agreement or protocol should cover these key points from the Data Sharing Code of Practice : 
- The information that needs to be shared.
- The organisations that will be involved.
- What you need to tell people about the data sharing and how you will communicate that information.
- Measures to ensure adequate security is in place to protect the data.
- The arrangements that need to be in place to provide individuals with access to their personal data if they request it.
- Agreed common retention periods for the data.
- Processes to ensure secure deletion takes place.