Advice and practical support on communicating with the social care sector
The social care sector is large, diverse and constantly changing. When you’re developing your plan to engage and communicate with the sector, it’s easy to overlook influential stakeholders – or to waste limited resources on inefficient channels.
SCIE can help you to develop and deliver a cost-effective communications and stakeholder engagement plan.
Reaching social care
SCIE has extensive reach within the social care and related sectors.
- 110,000 people are registered for the SCIE ebulletin
- 2.5 million visitors to the SCIE website per year
- 25,000 twitter followers
- 175,000 contacts on our database
We have provided communications advice and support to:
- Government departments
- national charities
- local authorities
- ADASS regions
- NHS agencies
- research units within universities.
SCIE can provide:
- Expert advice on communicating with the social care sector including providers, commissioners, service users and carers
- Access to SCIE’s channels
- Digital marketing development and delivery including direct email campaigns
- Social media campaign development and delivery
- Press campaign development and delivery
- Event management
- Expert speakers including people who use services and carers
- Evaluation of communications and marketing campaigns including: web, press and social media activity analysis.
Client case studies
Department for Education – Child and family social worker Employer Endorsement GuidanceOpen
A new accreditation framework is being introduced for child and family social workers in England. By April 2017, the process of Employer Endorsement should be largely embedded. By 2020, all organisations that employ child and family social workers in England will need to be confidently and consistently endorsing their social workers as having the appropriate knowledge and skills required to be confident, high-quality frontline practitioners and practice supervisors.
Daisy Bogg Consultancy is developing new guidance with its partners SCIE and Research in Practice (RiP), to support employers to:
- recruit, support, assess and endorse social workers at the end of their ASYE year of practice
- develop a method to assess and endorse those more experienced social workers and social work supervisors.
SCIE provided communications and event booking support, including promotion of a series of implementation workshops and a webinar in June and July 2016.
For further information, including presentations from the workshops and webinar, visit the Daisy Bogg Consultancy website.
NHS England – National Better Care Fund Implementation ProgrammeOpen
SCIE, in partnership with KPMG, led on stakeholder engagement for the National Better Care Fund Implementation Programme, which we delivered for the NHS England. SCIE’s role involved: developing a national social media campaign to promote the programme; writing and placing articles in leading journals (e.g. LGC and HSJ); disseminating national How To Guides including publishing them on the SCIE website; and promoting the Better Care Exchange through video, twitter and other channels.
NSPCC – Learning into Practice Project summitsOpen
SCIE provided bookings and venue management for three summits on learning from children’s safeguarding serious case reviews. All events were rapidly oversubscribed and SCIE developed a process for ensuring a wide range of backgrounds and sectors were represented. Given the high level of interest in the sessions, SCIE also developed a process for those who were unable to attend to register their interest in further information about the project.
University of BirminghamOpen
SCIE hosted a roundtable event with University of Birmingham on the findings of their report: Evaluating Micro-Enterprises in Adult Social Care – with accompanying film. SCIE also provided advice on the communications plan, including appropriate channels to support dissemination, and developed and delivered a social media plan to help promote the report.
To discuss your organisational needs or request a quote for our consultancy services please complete our enquiries form