Independent Mental Health Advocacy (IMHA) improving equality of access (audio described and British Sign Language)
What is the video about?
This accessible seven minute film summarises the issues around ensuring that everyone has access to IMHA services. Primarily aimed at independent mental health advocacy providers the film explains how they can ensure that their service provides equality of access to all service users.
Key messages for practice
- Work in partnership with community organisations
- Monitor who is using your service so you can identify gaps and target resources
- Try not to make assumptions about people’s requirements and cultural preferences - ask people what they would find helpful
- Use creative and innovative ways to communicate with individuals and groups
- Ensure your organisation’s policies and practices take account of equality and diversity
Who will find this useful?
Independent mental Health advocacy providers, commissioners, mental health staff and managers, and people who use services.