Better Care Exchange – the social network for the health and social care sector
The Better Care Exchange is a collaborative, social network for health and social care professionals. It enables networking, information and knowledge sharing on good practice for delivering better integrated care, and implementing Better Care Fund plans.
It works as a ‘learning hub’ that pools the knowledge and skills of leading organisations and professionals across the health and social care sector.
The Better Care Exchange offers free, easy-to-access information to those involved in health and care, to help us work together more effectively and deliver better care to more people.
Play a short film about the Better Care Exchange, introduced by Sir John Oldham, Chair of the Independent Commission on Whole Person Care
Currently the Better Care Exchange collaborative platform is under development, and will be re-launched soon. For more information about the Better Care Exchange and BCF you can join the mailing list for the weekly BCF bulletin, please email the Better Care Support team. This change of platform will not have an adverse effect on communications around the Policy Framework and Planning Guidance – this information will be shared via the BCF Bulletin and the NHS England and LGA websites for this, along with other communications channels.
Visit the Better Care Exchange
All enquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
How the Better Care Exchange can help you
The Better Care Exchange is free to use and will help you to:
collaborate with and learn from colleagues in health and social care through online discussions and communities of interest:
- discuss and share knowledge as part of an online social network
- join communities of interest on key Better Care topics
- instant chat with other people on the Exchange – ask questions, network, solve problems and share answers.
access good practice on better integrated and joined-up care:
- access insight and good practice aimed at overcoming the barriers to successful provision of Better Care
- ask peers for advice and lessons learnt.
keep up to date with the latest integration resources and products:
- access ‘How to Guides’ which provide practical steps on key issues such as integration and leadership, data sharing, pooling budgets and working in partnership
- access over 400 documents, videos and links from leading organisations available in one easy-to-access place
- ask for support from the Better Care Support Team and peers.
The Better Care Exchange supports:
- Better Care Fund leads at local level
- Health and wellbeing board chairs and members
- Local authority directors and assistant directors
- Clinical commissioning group and NHS trust chairs, chief executives and directors
- NHS, local authority and social care provider managers and team leaders
- GPs, social workers, senior nurses and other frontline staff.
The Better Care Exchange brings together knowledge and best practice from a range of programmes including:
- the Better Care Fund programme
- the Vanguard Programme
- Integration Pioneers
- the Integrated Personal Commissioning Programme
The Exchange has been co-designed with practitioners, people who use services and carers. It has been commissioned by the Better Care Support Team and produced by KPMG, SCIE, PPL and The Berkeley Partnership.
Find out more about the Better Care Implementation Support Programme
Visit the Better Care Exchange