Better Care Fund guidance
Better Care Fund planning guidance for local BCF leads, and contacts for Better Care Support Team
Better Care Fund planning guidance 2016/17
NHS England has published the policy framework and plan requirements on the Better Care Fund plans for 2016/17.
- Better Care Fund Policy Framework 2016/17
- Better Care Fund Planning requirements 2016/17
- Better Care Fund planning return template 2016/17
- Better Care Fund operating guidance 2016/17
Better Care Implementation Support Programme 2015/16
The Better Care Implementation Support Programme, which ran to April 2015, helped areas to overcome the barriers to the successful implementation of the Better Care Fund plans across England. The focus of this phase was on practical implementation support to deliver better care for the local population.
SCIE was one of the partners that successfully bid to deliver the programme, on behalf of NHS England, alongside KPMG, PPL and the Berkeley Partnership.
The Better Care Implementation Support Programme provided expert, practical support to health and wellbeing boards, BCF leads and all of the partners responsible for delivering the local BCF plans. This included local authorities, NHS trusts, clinical commissioning groups, primary care, care providers, local Healthwatch and other service user and carer groups.
The support included:
- ‘How-to’ guides to provide practical steps to progress implementation
- Conferences and regional clinics to explore the barriers to change and develop local plans to overcome them
- Webinars on key topics (available to listen to again online)
- The Better Care Exchange – an online interactive space for knowledge sharing and collaboration
- Virtual clinics – telephone support for BCF leads to discuss individual site issues with integration experts
- Coaching and support for Better Care Learning Partners to enable good practice and insight gathering from within the BCF programme.
The Better Care Support Team
The Better Care Support Team is made up of NHS England, Department of Health, Department for Communities and Local Government, and the Local Government Association
For more information visit NHS England Better Care Fund Planning.
If you have any queries, please contact the Better Care Support Team at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Better Care Implementation Support Programme 2015/16 including useful How to guides and webinar recordings.
- The Better Care Exchange