SCIE's networks and partners - Approved Mental Health Professional (AMHP) Lead National Network
Leadership of Social Work in Mental Health (27 November 2009)
SCIE held a successful conference on Friday 27th November in partnership with the Approved Mental Health Practitioner (AMHP) Leads Network, over 120 AHMPs attended. The event championed the development of leadership of social work in mental health.
The conference saw the launch of SCIE’s report on Leadership for personalisation and social inclusion in mental health. As well as one of a series of SCIE personalisation briefings on Implications for community mental health services.
The SCIE Report ‘Leadership for personalisation and social inclusion in mental health’ is aimed at those involved in developing, providing and leading personalisation and social inclusion for mental health. It is also aimed at those developing the leaders of the future. It explores three key questions:
- What is at the heart of the personalisation and social inclusion challenge in the contemporary and future mental health context?
- What are the leadership challenges in transforming mental health social care to deliver more personalised support, inclusion and care choices?
- What, therefore, are the implications for the development of leaders and leadership
- Social Work Taskforce (96kb PDF file), Moira Gibb, Chair of the Social Work Taskforce.
- Leadership of social work in mental health: Launch of Report 27 (558kb PDF file), Ruth Allen, Director of Social Work, South West London and St George’s Mental Health Trust, and co-author of Report 27.
- Outcomes and challenges for the future (48kb PDF file), David Walden, Director of Adult Services and Regional Development, SCIE
Parallel workshop sessions
- Ambulance Service Workshop (29kb PDF file), Ian Redfern and Nick Lawrence
- Parental Mental Health Guidelines (96kb PDF file), Sara Lewis and Brendon Blair.
- Safeguarding Adults – No Secrets Review (166kb PDF file) , Lucy Butler, Jason Brandon and Jane Lawson.
- Developing the social work workforce, from student placements to leadership development (113kb PDF file), Malcolm King and Nasreen Hammond.
- The Bradley Report – impacts for mental health services 970kb PDF file), Wendy Paskell, Trevor House and Christopher Thompson.
- Personalisation in Mental Health (688kb PDF file), Raza Griffiths and Daisy Bogg.