Personalisation: implications and support for independent care providers
Date: 9.30am - 4.30pm, Friday 26 September 2008 Venue: The Hilton London Metropole, 225 Edgware Road, London W2 1JU
The personalisation and transformation agenda has significant implications for care providers and commissioners. Our four organisations have come together to deliver a series of events to enable commissioners and independent care providers to plan the future care market together.
This invitation-only event is targeted at senior managers, commissioners and owners of care and related health services. The conference will explore effective ways of joint working for health and social care commissioners and independent providers.
- Download Personalisation: Commissioning and delivering transformed support and care (1567kb PDF file)
Workshop 1: Residential care, extra care housing and personalisation
Annie Stevenson (SCIE), Martin Green, (Chief Executive, ECCA) and Prof. Jill Manthorpe (Head of Social Care Workforce Research Unit, Kings College London).
Workshop 2: Safeguarding and insurance for small scale providers
Sian Lockwood (Chief Executive, NAAPS UK), Steve Arthington and Ellis Bates.
Workshop 3: Personalisation and regulation
Rachael Dodgson (Policy Manager, CSCI), Debby Sterry (Head of Methodology and Policy, Quality Performance and Methods Directorate, CSCI) and Doug Paulley (residential care service user).
Workshop 4: Personalised care in a collective setting
Prof Julienne Meyer (My Home Life Programme Director, Help the Aged).
Workshop 5: New models of working
Richard Humphries (Independent Consultant) and Claire Goodchild (Better Commissioning Assoc. Lead, CSIP).
Workshop 6: Supporting the transformation of the workforce
Don Brand (Consultant, SCIE), Jim Thomas (Programme Head, The Workforce Action Learning Programme, Skills for Care) and Melanie Newman (Department of Health).
- Download Andrew Cousins' speech (4482kb MP3 file)
- Download Andrew Mattick' speech (2048kb MP3 file)
- Download Glen Mason's speech (23660kb MP3 file)
- Download Imelda Redmond's speech (3040kb MP3 file)
- Download Jo Webber's speech (15970kb MP3 file)
- Download Jo Williams' speech (3410kb MP3 file)
- Download Julie Jone's speech (19520kb MP3 file)
- Download Martin Green's speech (1820kb MP3 file)
- Download Sarah Pickup's speech (17290kb MP3 file)
- Download Sharon Blackburns' speech (18970kb MP3 file)
- Download Questions and Answers (8120kb MP3 file)