SCIE press release
Social Care Institute for Excellence appoints five new Board members
6 August 2013
Following a highly competitive recruitment process, the Social Care Institute for Excellence (SCIE) has appointed five new Board members.
The new Board members are:
- Alex Fox, Chief Executive, Shared Lives Plus and Chair, Care Providers Alliance
- Mary McKenna, Co-founder and Director, Learning Pool
- Terry Moran, retired Civil Servant, former Second Permanent Secretary, Department for Work and Pensions
- Bev Searle, Director of Corporate Affairs, Berkshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust
- Sally Warren, National Director of Programmes, Public Health England
An additional appointment is due to be announced later this month.
Speaking about the appointments, SCIE Chair, Lord Michael Bichard, said:
SCIE is adapting to the changes in our care and health sector. Our new Board members will bring new skills and experience to help us on that journey, including senior health care knowledge, small business experience and digital skills.
I was extremely impressed with the quality of applicants. It’s a real reflection on the role and future of SCIE and I know that we have recruited a highly influential and respected set of new Board members. I know that all my fellow Board members and SCIE staff are looking forward to working with them.
Photographs, quotes and biographies of all new Board members available below.
- Photographs, quotes and biographies (MS Word file)
- Photographs, quotes and biographies (PDF file)
- Full details of SCIE Board
SCIE is currently seeking a new Chief Executive to replace Andrea Sutcliffe who is leaving to join the Care Quality Commission as Chief Inspector of Adult Social Care. The closing date for applicants is 16 August 2013. For details visit the vacancies section.
SCIE is a registered charity, governed by a board of trustees who guide its work and ensure its independence. A number of vacancies became available on the Board this year. The Board agreed to retain these vacancies until the new SCIE Chair was in position. Lord Michael Bichard joined SCIE as Chair in April 2013 and has overseen the recruitment of the new members. All Board positions were advertised externally and filled through a competitive recruitment process.
Steve Palmer, Press and Public Affairs Manager, Social Care Institute for Excellence.
Tel: 020 7766 7419 | Mob: 07739 458 192 | Email: email@example.com