SCIE press release
Peter Hay joins SCIE Board
12 September 2013
One of the most experienced social care directors in England, Peter Hay CBE, has been appointed to the Board of the Social Care Institute for Excellence (SCIE).
Peter, who is Strategic Director, Adults and Communities at Birmingham City Council and former President of the Association of Directors of Adult Social Services (ADASS), is the last of six new Board members announced by SCIE in August and September.
Speaking about Peter’s appointment, SCIE Chair Lord Michael Bichard said:
Peter’s appointment completes the new line up for SCIE’s Board. I wanted to ensure that we had someone with a strong social work and commissioning background to complement the skills and knowledge of other members. And they don’t come much stronger than Peter. We are absolutely delighted to have him on the Board.
SCIE is a registered charity, governed by a board of trustees who guide its work and ensure its independence. A number of vacancies became available on the Board this year. The Board agreed to retain these vacancies until the new SCIE Chair was in position. Lord Michael Bichard joined SCIE as Chair in April 2013 and has overseen the recruitment of the new members. All Board positions were advertised externally and filled through a competitive recruitment process.
In August, SCIE appointed five other Board members:
- Alex Fox, Chief Executive, Shared Lives Plus and Chair, Care Providers Alliance
- Mary McKenna, Co-founder and Director, Learning Pool
- Terry Moran, retired Civil Servant, former Second Permanent Secretary, Department for Work and Pensions
- Bev Searle, Director of Corporate Affairs, Berkshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust
- Sally Warren, National Director of Programmes, Public Health England
Steve Palmer | Press and Public Affairs Manager | Tel: 020 7766 7419 | Mob: 07739 458 192 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org