SCIE press release
Integration is essential to truly personalised care
23 May 2013
SCIE response to latest findings on personal budgets and health budgets
Speaking about the survey findings published today by Think Local, Act Personal on personal budgets, and personal health budgets, Andrea Sutcliffe, SCIE Chief Executive said:
Today’s helpful reports show that people are benefitting from the control and freedom that self-directed budgets offer. Good progress is clearly being made but the reports demonstrate that local authorities need to simplify their processes and constantly focus on the outcomes that matter most to people.
To deliver truly personalised care, it has to be integrated. Local authorities and health partners need to work creatively together to make sure that people are getting the best out of NHS and social care personal budgets. Building on SCIE’s commitment to integrated care and support, we will work with the sector and TLAP to help make this a reality.
- Think Local, Act Personal - Survey findings and reports
- SCIE resources on personalisation
- SCIE resources on integration
- Factors that promote and hinder joint and integrated working between health and social care services
- Social care and clinical commissioning for people with long-term conditions
- Social care TV: Integration: Health and Wellbeing Boards
- Social care TV: Integration: Clinical commissioning groups and long-term conditions
- Improving personal budgets for older people: A research overview
Steve Palmer | Press and Public Affairs Manager | Tel: 020 7766 7419 | Mob: 07739 458 192 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org