Making events accessible
Choosing a venue: Food and refreshments
When reviewing the venue you should check the following:
- Are the caterers able to meet a range of dietary requirements?
- Where will the food be served?
- How far it is from the main room?
- Can refreshments be made available throughout the event?
- Is there enough seating and tables for all participants, including their personal assistants, support workers and/or translators?
- Will the venue provide staff to assist people?
Many people commented on this topic. It is covered in more detail in The event section.