The story so far...
- Acorns was established 20 years ago by a local couple, who ran it as a family business.
- It’s now been bought by a housing association which runs a number of care homes in the area.
- It’s a bit run down, as the previous owners were not keen to invest more, partly because it’s losing money (there are a number of vacancies).
- All of the staff members in the home have been transferred to the Housing Association, except for Alex’s predecessor, who decided to retire.
- Influenced by the previous manager, some of the staff have never really adapted to complying with the Care Quality Control (CQC) criteria. They are caring but tend to adopt a service based rather than person-centred approach.
- Ensure that care practices in the home are informed by the CQC criteria
- Provide a modern living environment that draws upon relevant technologies.
- Fill the current vacancies.