The story so far...
- Carl has just been appointed manager of a recovery hub team. He previously managed a community mental health team. His background is in social work.
- In community mental health teams, social workers and health professionals work together with a shared referral and care coordination programme.
- The social care staff in the new team used to be employed by the local authority and managed by social work team managers. They’ve now been transferred to the NHS Foundation Mental Health Trust.
- The recovery hub will be based in a local authority ex-library. It will include an advocacy group and an organisation providing accommodation and employment advice services
- The Trust is encouraging staff to undertake research, as it wants to increase its research profile
- Improve outcomes for people with long-term mental illness
- Increase the productivity of the service (i.e. support more people with the same resources)
- Make the hub a national good practice example in relation to recovery services