The story so far...
- Local Action for the Disabled (LAD) runs residential care homes and other services for people with learning disabilities.
- Denise manages the residential care homes.
- Now the local authority has decided to move from residential care to supported living. The LAD care homes will be closed. Denise has been charged with overseeing this process.
- Ensure the homes are closed and the current residents are supported in appropriate accommodation.
- Avoid negative publicity about the closure of the homes.
- Identify and redeploy suitable members within a domiciliary care service that can support the people who move into the new tenancies.