Literature and review
Throughout this guide there have been summaries of key literature for you to read, and you have been given pointers to other useful literature. A complete list of these key texts is give below.
You can also search the SCIE Social Care Online database.
You can also use the Internet to identify literature and other information, although this is by no means straightforward! Iif you are new to the Internet you may want to start with the Internet Social Worker Tutorial.
- Jordan B. A comment on 'Theory & Practice in Social Work' BJSW 8(11) 1978
- Resume of Froggett L (1998) Sustaining Tensions in Practice Supervision, Social Services Research 1998 1 pp.32-42
- Resume of Harkness D and Hensley H (1991) Changing the Focus of Social Work Supervision:Effects on client satisfaction and generalised contentment, Social Work 36 (6) pp.506 - 512
- Barbara Kahan. Growing Up in Groups. London HMSO/NISW 1994
- Managing Practice: supervision and the organisation
- Mattinson Janet. The Reflection Process in Casework Supervision. Institute of Marital Studies. Tavistock Institute of Social Relations, London: 1975.
- McCoughan Nano, Palmer Barry. Systems thinking for harassed managers. Karnac, London: 1994
- Morrison, Tony. Staff Supervision in Social Care: an action learning approach. Harlow Longman 1993
- Parton N. ESRC Seminar 1: Some Thoughts On The Relationship Between Theory & Practice In Social Work; NISW on-line publication Pollitt C. Managerialism & the Public Services; Oxford, Blackwell 1993
- Thorpe D, Thorpe S. Monitoring & Evaluation in the Social Services; Longman 1992