Involving service users and carers in social work education
The Social Care Institute for Excellence (SCIE) would like to thank all the organisations and individuals who participated in the project on which this guide is based. We gratefully acknowledge the generous contributions from:
- The Department of Health and national bodies that took forward the reform of social work education and implementation of the degree, including the Qualification Development Group for their advice.
- The heads of social work education programmes and academic staff in the universities and colleges that responded to our survey, organised meetings with their service user and carer partners, and provided information, advice and examples of their work.
- The members of service user and carer organisations that shared their experiences with us in discussions, workshops and conferences, providing written materials, examples and advice.
- The Wiltshire and Swindon Users’ Network and the National Organisation of Practice Teaching that undertook specific pieces of work for the guide.
- The Shaping Our Lives National User Network that led the consultation on the draft guide.
We were nervous about how to approach co-production but SCIE’s engaging and positive approach has helped us make excellent progressLisa Gregory, Head of Engagement, Oxfordshire County Council