Direct payments: Answering frequently asked questions
SCIE would like to thank the De Montfort Centre for Social Action Research team of Alison Skinner, Jacqui Christy James, Jennie Fleming and Helen Douds for their work on the practice survey. In addition, we would like to thank all of those who contributed to the survey as either researchers, interviewers or members of the advisory group:
Advisory Group membership
- Kevin Caulfield of NCIL
- John Evans, a national expert on direct payments
- Jennie McGhie Hambidge, chair of Disability Wales.
- Jacqui Christy James, Centre for Social Action (focus group facilitator and telephone interviewer)
- Julie Thomas (telephone interviewer)
- Michael Turner (focus group facilitator and telephone interviewer)
- Grace Wise (focus group facilitator).
We would also like to thank the direct payment care managers and practitioners at local authorities, direct payment support organisation workers and direct payment users who responded to De Montfort's questionnaires, attended focus groups and/or gave their time to be interviewed either in person or on the telephone.
Finally, thanks to staff at NCIL, the Essex Direct Payments development manager and the Hertfordshire Partnership Trust who were able to provide additional examples of good practice for this guide.