Direct payments: Answering frequently asked questions
- What is a direct payment?
- Why direct payments?
- Who can get them? What can they be used for?
- How will direct payments improve things?
- How do we know direct payments actually work?
- How would you set up a direct payments scheme?
- How can the money for schemes be secured when it's tied up elsewhere?
- What are direct payment support services and how can local authorities develop effective partnerships with them?
- How can schemes be publicised and promoted?
- How can you ensure that the process runs as smoothly as possible?
- What training might give me more confidence in working with direct payments?
- What about promoting payments to minority ethnic and other marginalised groups?
- How do you introduce the idea of direct payments to service users? How does the assessment process work?
- What about gaining consent?
- Is employing a personal assistant complicated?