Changing social care: an inclusive approach
Leadership for change and improvement: How are you doing?
- Do you have a clear sense of where your organisation is trying to get to? How easily can you explain this to someone else?
- Are you clear about the purpose (or ideology) underpinning any planned change or improvements? Why is this purpose right for your organisation?
- What steps have you taken to identify the actions needed to successfully achieve the change? Who have you involved in developing this plan?
- What have you done to communicate clearly to everyone the rationale and purpose for change? What checks have you made to ensure everyone has understood your message?
- How are you dealing with concerns about and resistance to the planned changes? Is progress towards the underlying purpose being affected?
- How consistent are your actions with the rationale for and purpose of this change? What can you do to maintain greater consistency?
- What steps have you taken to make sure all stakeholders understand and have engaged with the purpose of this improvement?