Learning organisations: Using the learning organisation pack to support practice learning
Using the learning organisation pack to support practice learning
In 2004 the Social Care Institute for Excellence produced a resource pack designed to provide information about learning organisations and informed decision making. In the course of 2005 the cards have been used to help support the development of practice learning. The information on the seven new cards in this set provide ideas for this development. They are a starting point, many other uses are possible.
The seven new cards provide suggestions for the following groups of staff:
- Human resources section
- Training team/Staff develoment unit
- Senior management team
- Social care teams
- Practice learning managers
- Supervisors of practice assessors and practice teachers
- Supervision/Learning within practice development
The suggestions are divided up into ideas for three different time frames:
- Areas of 'immediate' potential use, where a suggestion could be taken up quickly and incorporated into an existing process.
- Areas where there may a series of steps necessary to develop the ideas suggested, and which may be more 'medium term' (for example using one person to cascade ideas to others, need to set up specific groups or meetings in advance)
- Areas that could be considered as part of 'long-term planning', requiring a substantial commitment.