Report 70: The Mental Capacity Act (MCA) and care planning
- Gardiner, L. (2014) Contribution by member of the Mental Capacity Act and Care Planning Advisory Group.
- Department for Constitutional Affairs (2007) ‘Mental Capacity Act 2005: Code of Practice’, London: The Stationery Office.
- Ministry of Justice (2008) ‘Mental Capacity Act 2005: Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards - Code of practice to supplement the main Mental Capacity Act 2005 Code of Practice’ London: The Stationery Office.
- Social Care Institute for Excellence (SCIE) (2013) ‘Report 66: Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards: Putting them into practice’, London: SCIE.
- House of Lords (2014) ‘Select Committee on the Mental Capacity Act 2005, 2014: Post-legislative scrutiny’, summary, p 1, London: The Stationery Office.
- Care Quality Commission (CQC) (2014) ‘Monitoring the use of the Mental Capacity Act Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards in 2012/2013’, London: CQC.
- Boyle, G., Heslop, P., Jepson, M., Swift, P., Williams, V. and Williamson, T. (2012) ‘Making best interests decisions: People and processes’, London: Mental Health Foundation.
- Banner, N.F. (2012) ‘Unreasonable reasons: normative judgements in the assessment of mental capacity’, Journal of Evaluation in Clinical Practice, vol 18, no 5, pp 1038–1044.
- Mersey Care NHS Trust (2007) ‘Increasing mental health and well-being: Involving service users and carers’, Liverpool: Mersey Care NHS Trust.
- Harvey, J. (2010) ‘Key elements of personalised care planning in long term conditions and personal health budgets’, London: HSA Press.
- M v The County Council and the Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) and A. EWHC 3456 (COP) (Jackson, J.) 2013.
- Ashead, A., Beresford, P. and Croft, C. (2007) ‘Research findings from palliative care, social work and service users: Making life possible’, London: Jessica Kingsley Publishers.
- Beresford, P., Bewley, C., Branfield, F., Croft, S., Fleming, J., Glynn, M. and Postle, K. (2011) ‘Supporting people: Towards a person-centred approach’, Bristol University: Policy Press.
- Bowers, H., Bailey, G., Sanderson, H., Easterbrook, L. and Macadam, A. (2007) ‘Person centred thinking with older people’, Cheshire: HSA Press.
- Berlin, I. (1958) ‘Two concepts of liberty’, Oxford: Clarendon Press.
- DE v. A NHS Trust.
- Butler-Cole, V. and Ruck Keene, A. (2010) ‘Preparing care plans, transition plans and best interests assessments for Court of Protection proceedings’, London: ThirtyNine Essex Street.
- P v Cheshire West and Chester Council and another P and Q v Surrey County Council 2014.
All SCIE resources are free to download, however to access the following download you will need a free MySCIE account:
- The Mental Capacity Act (MCA) and care planning report