NQSW resource - Outcome statement 10: Multi-agency working
Multi-agency working: Achieving this outcome
Here are some ways of demonstrating you have achieved this outcome:
- Show that you are aware of and have used and complied with relevant national and local guidance in multi-agency working.
- Use local protocols to provide you with a framework for working with others. They will help you consider different roles and responsibilities, as well to think about accountability and how such arrangements should be governed.
- Show you have applied the Skills for Care's Common core principles to support self-care.
- As a newly-qualified social worker (NQSW) you will need to demonstrate your ability to access information, provide early intervention, safeguard and manage risk effectively, and communicate concerns with the different people and organisations with whom you work.
- Demonstrate how you have worked effectively with private, voluntary sector, micro and direct employers to provide a package of support. This should include independent brokers who assist with care planning.
- Take time to understand the cultures and practice of other organisations and how, as a social worker, you can make your particular contribution.
- Be proactive in collaborating and communicating with others to monitor and intervene when review is needed. Be clear about your areas of expertise, what is needed from others, and make sure you have recorded any action points.
- Working as part of a team is often the only way to meet a person’s needs effectively. Successful collaboration with other disciplines will be an inevitable part of any assessment and intervention.
Check how far you have met this outcome
- Used appropriate guidance, legislation and policy to inform your actions and decisions?
- A clear understanding of roles and responsibilities - who is doing what and when?
- Set up a regular multi-agency review to ensure provision still meets the needs of the service user?
- Identified clear lines of communication and processes for resolving conflict or differences of opinion?
- Worked proactively to sustain those relationships over a period of time, even when there has been difference of opinion?
- Recorded differences of opinion and the process you have undertaken to reach difficult decisions?
Use the Portfolio (Word file) document to record your reflection on this outcome statement.