Report 41: Prevention in adult safeguarding
'People who use services are clear that effective prevention in safeguarding is not about over-protective paternalism or risk-averse practice.'
The case studies in this section present examples of emerging good practice in adult safeguarding and prevention. Each case study has contact details should you find it useful to find out more information with a view to implementing the ideas presented.
- Priory Group Care Homes: promoting quality care and raising awareness
- Keeping safe learning disability workshops in Derbyshire
- Shropshire Partners in Care: Keeping Yourself Safe course
- Haringey Council: Quality of Life Reviews for financial safeguarding
- Stockport MBC: Forum theatre and peer training
- Kirklees Council: live drama and a DVD on keeping safe
- Coventry Council's Promoting Independent Living Service workshops
- Croydon Council: Supporting care homes to prevent abuse
- Operation comfort: Norfolk NHS and police community services
- Powys Adult Protection Committee: Keeping Safe training