The Road Ahead – Credits
This project would not have been possible without the enthusiasm and commitment of the project team. This team included:
- Transition Project Team from North Somerset People First: Anna Meredith, Kath Sawyer, Claire Twistleton, Tim Eden, Mark Smith and in the early stages of the project, Jo Rawlings.
- Sue Hogarth, the manager of North Somerset People First, who supported the team and did the focus group interviews with supporters
- Robina Mallet from HFT (The Home Farm Trust) who undertook the focus groups with parents
- Alison Cowen for her support with the work with parents
- Ruth Townsley, who reviewed the literature on transition
- Debby Watson, who located and reviewed the transition resources.
- Linda Ward, who supervised the project and edited the report.
Many thanks to the project team and to Sammantha Cave, Shelagh Foster and Sue Pirrie and the rest of the secretarial support team at the Norah Fry Research Centre for all their hard work on the outputs from the project.
Many thanks also to Judith Cornick Lewis for her excellent pictures and design of the easy summary of key themes for people with learning difficulties.
Finally, we would like to thank the young people, their parents and supporters, who gave up their time to meet with us and provided us with an excellent insight into 'how transition is' for them, and to the Social Care Institute for Excellence for funding the project.
Beth Tarleton, May 2004