Dementia from the inside
What is the video about?
In this film we find out what it might feel like to live with dementia. Viewers will experience a little of what it is like to find yourself in a world that seems familiar and yet doesn’t always make sense. The incidents pictured in this film and memories recounted are based upon true experiences gathered from people living with dementia
Messages for practice
People with dementia:
- May interpret things that happen differently to those around them
- May have unanticipated periods of lucidity and periods of confusion alike
- May sometimes not recognise people or places they know well
- May become frustrated with themselves or those who struggle to understand them
- May not be able to articulate or communicate their anxieties, fears or frustrations
- Live with unpredictability, such as the passage of time
Who will find this useful?
Care staff, social workers, care managers, managers, registered managers, carers, community nurses, nursing staff, occupational therapists, people with dementia, people who use services, employers, trainers, families, friends and neighbours.