Social work education participation: access, payment and support
What is the video about?
This is video looks at the practical arrangements that need to be made around accessibility, support and payments to ensure that users and carers can participate in social work education and be rewarded for their input.
Messages for practice
1. It is important to ensure that support is available from course staff and other users and carers taking part in the work.
2. Issues around physical access need to be considered.
3. Clear and accessible communication between universities and users and carers is essential.
4. Participation needs to be properly resourced.
5. Paying users and carers who take part can be a complicated and needs careful consideration.
Who will find this useful?
Social work students, lecturers, tutors,Social worker educators, people working more broadly in co-production/participation and service users and carers.