Assessment and eligibility: Cultural change course
Explore the principles and duties of assessments of needs and carers assessments and how to determine eligibility for adults and carers. Learn how to carry out an assessment in a proportionate and appropriate manner using a strengths-based and holistic approach.
CPD Standards Office accredited course ref no 60036/02.
- Social Care legislative framework
- Wellbeing principle
- Assessment and eligibility determination- duties and principles
- First contact – what is an assessment?
- Outcomes (personal and eligibility)- needs and products, services and activities
- Who can carry out an assessment?
- How to carry out an assessment
- Proportionate interventions
- Completion of assessment
- Eligibility determination for adults and carers
- Duties after eligibility determination
- Understand how to carry out an appropriate and proportionate assessment
- Apply the Care Act duties and principles that relate to assessment and eligibility determination
- Gain clarity on how assessment and eligibility determination fit together
- Understand how to determine eligibility for adults and carers: key concepts, analysis of information, employing evidence and professional judgement
Who should attend
Staff and volunteers working with adults with care and support needs and their carers, including the following groups:
- social workers and social work managers,
- social care support staff and managers,
- occupational therapists and social care staff.
- voluntary and independent sector staff and managers,
- healthcare staff and managers.
Each of these groups will have different learning needs based on the type of work they do and their level of responsibility in relation to performing assessments and determining eligibility for adults and carers.
The course is designed to support a wide range of needs.
Ask about in-house courses
This is a sample training course outline. It is based on approximately 25 delegates, trained at your premises. It can be adapted to your organisation’s training and CPD requirements. Contact us to arrange an in-house customised course.
Book a place on an open course
We are also delivering this training as a one and a half day open access course. These courses are designed for individuals or small groups to attend. Book now for the following date: